Assalamu Alaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters,
First ten days of Dhulhijjah: Let us make best use of them
The first 10 days of Dhu al Ḥijjah are blessed days. May these days be filled with acts of worship, prayers and charity. Fasting is a recommended prophetic practice, especially the day before ‘Eid al Adḥā. This ‘Eid is also the time to share Udhiyyah/ Qurbani meats with family, friends and the poor. May Allah bless one and all with accepted worship and charity. May the world experience endless peace and harmony. May Allah accept the Hajj of the pilgrims who will assemble at the sacred lands at this blessed season.
Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam said;
عن ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما قَالَ : قَالَ رسول الله : « مَا مِنْ أيَّامٍ ، العَمَلُ الصَّالِحُ فِيهَا أحَبُّ إِلَى اللهِ مِنْ هذِهِ الأَيَّام » يعني في أيام العشر الأول من ذي الحجة
"In the sight of Allah, no good deeds done on other days are superior to those done on these (first ten days of Dhul Hijjah)."
Some deeds we can do during these 10 days
1. We should fast on first 9 days (Saturday Sep 3- Sunday Sep 11 of this month, especially on Sep 11 (Day of Arafah).
2. We should give more charity during these 10 days.
3. Let us spend the nights in prayer.
4. We should say the Takbeer (Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Laa ilaaha illallah. Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Walillaahil hamd.) as much as possible, because Rasulullah (S) said, (Ahmad, 7/224). فأكثروا فيهن من التهليل والتكبير
5. We should try to pray more prayers in the Masjid.
6. We should Increase ties of kinship (visiting parents, family, saying kind words to them, etc.).
7. Let us perform more voluntary prayers at home.
8. We should read more Quran, contemplate the meanings and do more Dhikr.
9. Asking Allah for forgiveness more frequently
10. The Sunnah indicates that the one who wants to offer a sacrifice should stop cutting his hair and nails and removing anything from his skin, from the beginning of the ten days until after he has offered his sacrifice.
Please include me and my family in your dua.
Abu Noman Tarek