Monthly Prayer Time: In 2018, we will share with you a printable monthly prayer schedule in pdf format every month Insha Allah. Click here to download prayer schedule for February 2018 from our website
Day of Remembrance and Action on Islamophobia
Earlier this month, the National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) called on the Canadian government to designate Jan 29 as a National Day of Remembrance and Action on Islamophobia as Canadian Muslim communities are still reeling from the devastating terrorist attack in Quebec last January that claimed the lives of six Muslim men worshipping in their mosque and gravely injured many others. It was an unprecedented attack that left a Canadian place of worship – a sacred sanctuary – a scene of unimaginable carnage.
This call is based on precedent. Every December 6th, there is the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence against Women to mark the anniversary of the 1989 shooting massacre of 14 women at l’École Polytechnique de Montréal.
Alhamdulillah, January 29th city council meeting, Brantford City Council has officially recognized January 29th as the Day of Remembrance and Action on Islamophobia, commemorating the attack on the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec in Quebec City in 2017.
Monthly Family Halaqah (Every 1st and 3rd Saturday) with Sh. Tarek
Saturday, January 6, 2018 after 6PM to Isha: Topic: Final Rites: Preparing for Funeral to Burial
Saturday, January 20, 2018 after 6PM to Isha Topic: Social Support: Where and How to get Help in Difficult Times
Mayor's Levee JANUARY 6, 2018, 11:30 A.M:
Please join us at the 22nd Annual Mayor's Levee on JANUARY 6, 2018, 11:30 A.M. TO 1:30 P.M. at Brantford Armoury, 18 Brant Ave. Like every year our Imam Shaykh Tarek will be speaking at the event and we will serving halal meal, Insha Allah. Join us at this free community event with displays from the Canadian Military Heritage Museum and an opportunity to tour our historic Armoury.
iYouth Youth Social: Friday Jan 19, 2018 at 6PM
Please join this engaging and interactive youth social for youth by youth. For details please contact Shaykh Tarek.
Sunday Supper: Jan 21 at 4PM at Sydenham United Church
We usually serve delicious 3 course hot dinner to over 100 needy people every month. We cannot do it without your support. Volunteers are needed. Please contactm Shaykh Tarek for details.
With support of ICNA Relief Canada, we serve over 200 People every month through our food bank. Please bring staple food in every Jumuah.
Some of our Activities in December 2017,
1) Winter Clothes Distribution: We distributed over 300 pieces winter cloths including 60 winter jackets in Six Nation's reserve on Thursday, Dec 21, 2018. All items were donated by ICNA Relief Canada.
2) Funarl & Azza for Br. Mohammad ElFarram: We are deeply saddened of the death of Br. Mohammad ElFarram (Rahimahullah). Alhamdulillah, our board and Imam worked closely to respect his wishes about funeral, burial and Azza. Many of us attended the first Janaza in Hamilton at 11:30am. Then we prayed the 2nd Janaza at1pm at Oakhill cemetery followed by burial. 3 Days Azza took place in Brantford Mosque on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Dec 21, 22 and 23 2017 from 4 to 7. Attended by hundreds every day people read Quran, made dua for deceased, shared their memories, and extended condolences to the family members. Every night dinner was served after Isha to all attendees. Many dignitaries including Minister Karina.Gould, Mayor Friel, MP Phil McColeman. MPP Dave Lavac attended some of these events.
3) Grant from Brant Community Foundation : Alhamdulillah, we received a grant for 2018. On Dec 13,
Shaykh Tarek accepted $5000 Brant Community Foundation Grant on behalf of
Brantford Mosque. This is for social inclusion programs for Syrian Refugee and other communities.
4) Chaplaincy Advisory Committee: On Dec 6, 2017 Shaykh Tarek attended chaplaincy advisory committee meeting at Brantford Memorial Hospital.
5) Halal Investment Seminar: Our first Halal investment workshop orgenized by Shaykh Tarek and held on Dec 16 at Brantford Mosque was a huge success Alhamdulillah.
6) Mawlid 2017 (Love the Messenger : Live the Message): Alhamdulillah, hundreds joined our first annual Mawlid on Dec 3 and made it a great success.
Children presentations was main attarctions and appreciated by everyone. The theme was Love the Messenger & Live the Message.