Monthly Prayer Time: Please Click here to download prayer schedule for the month for Brantford Masjid.
1) Family Halaqa: Saturday April 20, After Maghrib :
Potluck dinner @7pm please join with your family and Friends
2) When is The fifteenth night of Sha’ban : tomorrow April 20, Saturday Night
According to the Global Moonsighting, today is the 13th Sahabaan. Tomorrow is the 14th Shabaa'n. The 15th eve of Sha’ban will be on 20th of April and the 15th day of Sha’ban will be on the 21st of April, 2019.
Virtue of this Night: Please note that the fifteenth night of Sha’ban is a blessed night. The main blessing of this night is that Allah pours His mercy and forgiveness upon earth from Maghrib until Fajr. The Prophet (saw) described the extent of His forgiveness in powerful language in numerous narrations such as:
عَنْ مُعَاذِ بْنِ جَبَلٍ ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ، قَالَ : " يَطْلُعُ اللَّهُ فِي لَيْلَةِ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ فَيَغْفِرُ لِجَمِيعِ خَلْقِهِ إِلا لِمُشْرِكٍ أَوْ مُشَاحِنٍ
The Prophet (saw) said, ′Allah gazes at His creation on the fifteenth night of Sha’ban and then forgives all His slaves except for two types of people: those who attribute partners to Allah and those who have rancour for their fellow Muslims’. (Ahmad)
Ibn Taymiyyah says, ‘So many Ahadith and reports exist regarding the excellence of the 15th night of Sha’ban that one is compelled to accept that this night does possess some virtue’.
Fasting in Sha'baan: It is from the Sunnah to fast the ‘bright days’ (the 13th, 14th and 15th) of every month. Furthermore, it is recommended to increase your voluntary fasts during Sha’ban, as this is the month in which actions are raised to Allah: Thus, fast today, tomorrow and Sunday.
3) Ramadan Announcements:
- We are anticipating 1st of Ramadan to be on Monday 6th of May In-sha Allah based on Global Moon-sighting.
- Two wonderful Hafiz are in line to lead Taraweeh this year Insha Alla, Both are amazing Qari as well that will mesmerize your hearts.
- Our Ramadan calendar will be published before the Ramadan Insha Allah we encourage the community members to please participate in our daily Iftar programs that is only for 10 to 15 people who come for Maghreb prayer.
- Community Potluck Iftar will be every Saturday, Insha Allah
- Full Ramadan planning announcements will be shared in a separate email soon, Insha Allah
4) Message from our Imam Shaykh Tarek
Dua Upon Leaving Home and its Meaning
Abu Hurayrah reports: 'When the Prophet left his home, he would say: "In the name of God; on Him I do rely; no power operates except by His will".' [Bismillah; al-tuklan ala Allah; wa la hawl wala quwwata illa billah.] [Bukhari]
This hadith is part of the overall perspective a Muslim should have. He is in a constant relationship with God and he trusts all his affairs to Him. When a person goes out, he does not know what he will encounter. There may be some dangers of which he is unaware, or he may be in a situation where he could deliberately or unintentionally cause harm to others.
The Prophet (peace be upon him) started with God's name, as this was customary for him. He used to say that any action of importance should start with God's name. Otherwise, it remains disconnected. He made it clear that he relies on God and entrusts himself to Him, acknowledging that no power can operate except by His will. We will do well to emulate the Prophet in every respect. If we say this simple supplication as we go out, we feel much more relaxed.
Popeyes Brantford is Hiring Fulltime and Part time for various positions. CLICK HERE for more details