Monthly Prayer Time: Please Click here to download prayer schedule for the month for Brantford Masjid.
Muslim Association of Brantford (Brantford Mosque) strongly condemns the recent mass shooting massacre and terrorist act at two Mosques in the city of Christchurch, New Zealand.
Our Response To terrorist Attack
Allahamdulilah once again we responded with the message of love and peace against the one of the worst terrorist attack in two mosques at Christchurch, New Zealand. At least 49 people were killed and 20 more were seriously injured in the attacks that took place during the lunch hour in the community of Christchurch, New Zealand. Three people were arrested including a 28-year-old man who has been charged with murder.
Religious and community leaders gathered at the Brantford Mosque on Friday to pray for those killed and wounded in the two Mosque attacks in New Zealand. Acting Mayor Richard Carpenter and other city councillors, Tim Dobbin, Rector of Brantford’s St. Mark’s Anglican Church and Gerald Fisher of the Hamilton Jewish Federation were among those who attended the special prayer and sala-ul-janaza for the victims at Brantford Masjid after Friday prayer.
Please click here to review the article in Expositor.
The MAB as usual is making every effort in different directions to make sure not only we are safe at the Masjid but also our kids have a safe learning environment at the schools. Here is a brief update of our activities in response to the New Zealand terrorist attacks.
1) Friday March 15: Friday Khutbah, Janaza and interfaith vigil at the Brantford Mosque. Local news paper covered the story on the first page on Saturday.
2) Brantford Laurier Equity and Diversity office along with MSA organizing a vigil on Thursday March 21, 2019 at 5:30pm. Imam Tarek is invited to speak. Mayor Davis along with other community leaders has attend the program. Please click HERE for the flyer and details.
3) A solidarity walk is being organized by broader community on Saturday 6th, April 2019, in front of the city hall. As this event is organized by the greater community in solidarity with Terrorist attack at two mosques in New Zealand, we must participate to make this program successful. We will update the community as soon as organizers update us with more details.
4) Imam Tarek on behalf of MAB had a meeting with Grand Erie School board officials yesterday. The recent terrorist attack and the Islamophobia was discussed. The good news is that Grand Erie school board officially added Islamophobia to their safe and inclusive schools policy and agreed to offer training to staff and teachers. Also Imam Tarek offer support services on behalf of MAB to students who need services after such incident.
5) A city official informed us that city put 3 mental health support agencies together to offer services who need services of our community. If any community member is in need can either email at email@example.com or can talk to Imam Tarek.
6) The city has assured us that city of Brantford is taking measures to assess to Brantford Masjid's current safety and an emergency response plan will be drafted for MAB in case any unfortunate situation arises. More details will be shared at a later date.
May Allah bless our community and keep all of us safe. Ameen.
Sunday Supper: March 31 at 4pm at the Sydenham United Church
Popeyes Brantford is Hiring Fulltime and Part time for various positions. CLICK HERE for more details